OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direction of the Director of Finance, the Receptionist is responsible for providing reception and clerical support for the Agency. The Receptionist is responsible for greeting customers in person or on the telephone and directing them to the appropriate personnel. The Receptinist is to type, photocopy and file documents, ope and record incoming and outgoing mail and faxes, coordinate vehicle maintenance and maintain office supplies.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Diploma in Office Administration
- Two (2) years experience in an office setting
- Knowledge of Nogdawindamin programs and services
- Respect for, sensitivity towards as well as knowledge and understanding of Anishnawbek culture, traditions and the Seven Grandfather Teachings.
- Knowledge of office systems, equipment, processes and procedures
- Basic knowledge of child welfare is an asset
Special Skills & Abilities
- Excellent computer skills with MS Office SOftware
- Excellent telephone and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excelent orgal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to display a positive and helpful attitude.
- Ability to adapt to change
- Ability to work with confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to understand and speak Anishnaabemowin is a definite asset.
- Must provide a clear Police Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Check
- Must have a ‘G’ Ontario Driver’s License, access to a vehicle and the ability to travel.
- Must have $1M automobile insurance coverage
Please submit job related resume and cover letter along with three work related references by,
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 26TH, 2017 – 4:00PM
Nogdawindamin Family and Community Services
210B Gran Street, Batchewana First Nation, ON P6A 0C4
Fax: (705) 946-3717
Preference will be given to applicants of Native Ancestry
Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted only those selected for an interview will be contacted